Friday, August 24, 2012

Yum-o!

Hello Friends--Tonight's post is not a style post but I promise it won't disappoint! My friend Lauren writes a great blog called Lauren's Latest. This week she posted a recipe I was eager to try. Personally, I love to cook but I like few ingredients and easy--this one gets even better, you cook it in the croc-pot! I followed Lauren's recipe but I used frozen chicken, topped my off with a little Parmesan cheese & like her I used 1 can of creamed chicken soup. This recipe will be an all time go to in the menu plan. As a side I made my favorite salad of all time--Apple chopped blue cheese salad. It's a big hit in our house and makes a ton! The recipe comes from another fave blog of mine Let's Eat Tonight. This would be the perfect menu for (anything) a dinner party--easy, you wouldn't be in the kitchen the whole time, and makes enough to feed a small army.

 Here are the recipes:

Italian Croc-Pot Chicken:
4 chicken breasts, frozen works too
1 can of cream of chicken soup(recipe says 1-2, I used 1 which was perfect)
1 package of Zesty Italian Dressing Mix
1 8oz package of softened cream cheese(i used 1/3 less fat)

Dump chicken into croc-pot. Pour in italian dressing mix. Seperately, mix soup and softened cream cheese. Then pour onto chicken. Cook on low for 4-5 hours. I used frozen and cooked mine for 6.
I served it over egg noddles but you could use any noodle, rice or even on a baked potato. I also topped mine with a little parm cheese--YUM!!

Let's Eat Tonight's Apple Chopped Blue Cheese Salad & Poppy Dressing. A few hints about this salad: You can really add what veggies you like but I will say what makes it is the red onion, blue cheese, apple and dressing. Sometimes I add in tomatoes or whatever pepper I have around--top with some chicken for a heartier meal. I like to use a water bottle to mix up the dressing--great if you pack this up for a picnic. I know you will all love this one--My sis & BIL actually made it tonight too!
Apple-Blue Cheese Chopped Salad
1 head green leaf lettuce, chopped
1/4 red or sweet onion, finely chopped
1 green apple, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
2 oz. crumbled blue cheese
1/2 (9-oz.) bag bagel or pita chips, crushed
Poppy Seed Dressing

1. Combine lettuce and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Gently toss in dressing just before serving.

Poppy Seed Dressing

1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp. dried mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. poppy seeds

1. Combine sugar and next 3 ingredients in a jar. Cover and shake until sugar dissolves a bit and mixture combines. Pour in oil; shake to combine. Stir in poppy seeds.

Until next time xoxo,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment